Third Party Event Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in supporting Bridge the Gap – SYNGAP Education and Research Foundation. Our mission is to serve, educate and fund research for families coping with the effects of SYNGAP mutations.
Contributions are important to our organization as we continue the fight to find therapies and end this indiscriminate disease. Please read through the following guidelines to determine if your project is a match with Bridge the Gap – SYNGAP Education and Research Foundation. If so, please complete the third party event request form and visit the Third Party FAQs for answers about our partnerships.
Once the application is received, the project will be submitted for consideration and approval. Please allow 5-10 working days for review of the application.
Bridge the Gap – SYNGAP Education and Research Foundation is not able to handle any administrative aspects of Third Party Events. While we are able to give you guidance about your event, we do not have the staff to handle administrative tasks such as invitation distribution, compiling RSVPs or selling tickets, etc.
For all events or sales that anticipate net income less than $2,500, we encourage the organization, individual or entity to consider our “Care about Rare” – SYNGAP campaign or holding a Rally for SYNGAP Giving Tuesday. For events or sales with a net income anticipated of $2,500 or more, the foundation will grant the use of our name and logo for promotional purposes. (Exceptions on case-by-case basis at the foundations discretion).
The Foundation Requires All Third Party Fundraisers to:
1. Complete the third party event request form.
2. Event must be family-friendly in nature. A Foundation shall not enter into fund-raising or sponsorship agreements with companies that are reasonably likely to bring disrepute to Bridge the Gap – SYNGAP Education and Research Foundation or brand.
4. Once the event or sale is approved, a Third Party Agreement Contract must be signed immediately.
5. Ensure sponsors, attendees and participants make their payments to you as the entity conducting the event or sale. You cannot offer participants the option of direct payment to the Foundation for tax purposes; we are not able to issue tax receipts for third party events.
6. Inform us of any potential event sponsors or underwriters for your event or sale before you secure them to avoid conflict with established connections the Foundation may have.
7. If the event consists of a sporting component, ALL participants must sign a waiver form (sample form can be provided).
8. Submit payment by check within 60 days following the conclusion of the event or sale.
Insurance is required for your event or sale, and at the minimum, the Third Party Fundraiser must present proof of comprehensive general liability insurance in the amount of one million dollars ($1,000,000) which covers liability for bodily injury, property damage or death arising out of the third party event or sale. You will be required to name the following as Additional Insured on your policy solely with respect to the sale or event:
Bridge the Gap – SYNGAP Education and Research Foundation
15319 Redbud Berry Way Cypress, Texas 77433 AND
All Third Party Agreement applications must clearly state a specific percentage of net revenue or a specific dollar amount that they will contribute to Bridge the Gap – SYNGAP Education and Research Foundation. For example, $10 of each ticket sold or 10 percent of the sales price of this product, etc.
Third Party Events / Initiatives
Special and sporting events, benefits, promotions, franchise promotions, civic organizations, local businesses:
• Proceeds benefit Bridge the Gap – SYNGAP Education and Research Foundation with a minimum anticipated donation of equal to or more than $2,500.
• Proof of insurance for the event WILL BE REQUIRED, NO EXCEPTIONS.
• If a sporting event, waiver forms must be signed by ALL event participants and kept on file by the Third Party Fundraiser.
• Benefits from the Foundation include:
• Permission to use the Foundation name and/or logo. Please remember that all marketing materials have to be approved by the foundation BEFORE printing.
• References to the foundation in publicity or promotional materials (e.g., fliers, tickets, invitations, etc.) should say:
1 First reference: Bridge the Gap – SYNGAP Education and Research Foundation
2 Subsequent reference: Bridge the Gap – SYNGAP Education and Research Foundation
• Bridge the Gap – SYNGAP Education and Research Foundation cannot share our mailing list. However, the foundation will post information on our official website through our calendar of events.
• The foundation will promote via social media outlet(s).
• Inclusion in Foundation email blast if timeframe is compatible with established email blast schedule (with $2,500 minimum donation).
• Foundation representative at event if requested (Third party will provide two complimentary event entries for Foundation representative[s]). Foundation must receive application 4-6 weeks prior to event date to ensure a representative(s) is available.
• Free Foundation materials provided, if requested, for event (brochures:100 maximum per event, with the option to purchase additional materials, if needed).
Support of Bridge the Gap – SYNGAP Education and Research Foundation is valuable to our organization as we continue our mission of making children with SYNGAP lives better! Thank you for your interest in partnering with us in the fight. We work hard to create corporate and third party relationships that are mutually beneficial. The more we know about your plans, the more thorough the consideration by the Foundation.
Questions we can help with? Visit the FAQ page or email